Thank you for joining the online astrology learning platform. We at Clear Astrology (“Clear Astrology”, “we”, “us”) respect your privacy and want you to understand how we collect, use, and share your data and that which refers to you. This Privacy and Cookie Policies document covers our data collection practices and describes your rights to access, correct, or restrict our use of your personal data.
By using the services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Policies document. You shouldn't make use of the Services if you don't agree with these policies or any other agreement that governs your use of the services.
1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself and data about your participation in courses. We also collect some data automatically, like information about the device you are using and what specific parts of our services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the services. We have included some examples below to help you to better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the services, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
1.1.1 Student Payment Data
If you make purchases with Clear Astrology, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card (or another relevant form of payment) information, billing address, and zip code. For security reasons, Clear Astrology does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
1.1.2 Account Data
In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, phone number, and a unique identifying number that we assign to you (“Account Data”).
1.2.3 Course Data
When you enrol in and take courses, we collect certain data concerning which courses, assignments, and quizzes you've both started and completed.
1.2.4 Communications and Support
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.2 Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the services (including browsing courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
1.2.1 Approximate Geographic Data
An approximate geographic location, calculated based on your IP address, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.2.2 Usage Data
Usage statistics about your interactions with the services, including courses accessed, data entered in our web applications, messages posted/sent in our student's forum, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the services (“Usage Data”).
1.2.3 System Data
Includes technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type, and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain, and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).
2. How We Get Data About You
We gather the data listed above through the use of tools like cookies, analytics services, and advertising providers. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt-out of certain data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Clear Astrology uses the following types of cookies:
Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the services to help us improve the services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. Note: these cookies are strictly necessary for the services to work properly: if you disable them, certain functionalities will break or become unavailable.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics. These services use data collection tools to help us analyze your use of the services, including information like the third-party website from which you arrive, how often you visit, events within the services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. This data helps us to improve the services, better understand how the services perform on various devices and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services like Facebook, Google Ad Services, and other ad networks and servers to deliver advertising about our services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your usage data and system data (as detailed in Section 1), and information that these ad service providers have about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or another device to collect data about your use of our services. They may access those tracking technologies in order to tailor advertisements to you.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, improve and update our services, analyze how people use our services, deliver personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety, security, and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the services to:
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including notifications about changes to our service, updates to our agreements and order statuses;
- Sending you information, such as by email or text messages, about your progress in courses, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt-out of at any time);
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Manage your billing preferences;
- Facilitate the Services' technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the services on third-party websites and applications;
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with various third parties, including; companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics providers and your social media providers. We may also share your data as needed for security and legal compliance.
With service providers, contractors, and agents: we share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing, and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or another legally-valid request;
After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt-out of promotional emails, cookies, and the collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update your account, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we've unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
5.1 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that Clear Astrology collects and maintains as follows:
- To update the data you provide directly, log into your account, and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account contact our Support Team.
5.2 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by clicking the unsubscribe link. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we'll notify users via email, through an in-product notification, or another means as required by law. Changes become effective the day they're posted. Please contact us via email or reach out to our Support Team with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
6.3 Contact info